5 Industries That Use Tapered Roller Bearings
One of the benefits of using Tapered or roller bearings is the ability to take heavy axial loads and can withstand radial forces in use with various machine types. They roller bearings can be found in many vehicles, as they are known to balance moving forces. They come in various forms and sizes and are compatible to various machineries that one could think of.
We could class roller bearings into one of four main types;
- Single row tapered roller bearings
- Matched single row tapered roller bearings
- Double row tapered roller bearings
- Four-row tapered roller bearings
Each one of these bearings have a specific application and are specific to various types of industry. The most common tapered bearing would be the single row tapered roller bearing and the double row tapered roller bearing. The tapered roller bearings are found in daily use in vehicles and moving machineries.
Tapered roller bearings popularity is due to the fact that they are easy to disassemble, and remove from machinery, so maintenance down time in minimised in highly dependable environments, such as food production. Designed to take both axial and radial loads in one direction simultaneously. Double row tapered roller bearings are another stronger bout of bearings which have the capacity to move axial and radial forces in two directions making it imperative for the machines with high turning torques.
The most common applications for tapered roller bearings:.
- Tapered roller bearings are found in gear boxes in vehicles, especially in heavier trucks, in lathe spindles etc. where the axial and radial forces combine together to run the machine.
- Roller bearings are used in the mining industry to aid lifting equipment.
- Taper roller bearings are also used in axle systems of machines and vehicles to ensure a good performance of the concerned machine.
- Vehicular and plant/machinery engines have parts that utilise taper roller bearings.
- The Aviation industry used taper roller bearings in aircraft and helicopter transmissions. They are also used in aircraft fuel pumps.
If you have any requirements for roller bearings, or need assistance on measuring a roller bearing to replace in a particular machine or vehicle, do not hesitate to contact hydra seals via our contact page, or pop in to our trade counter and we’ll assist in measuring and fitting a high quality replacement ball bearing or roller bearing.